Friday 30 December 2016

New year, New Me?



Hello everybody!, I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday and preparing for the New year because I certainly am. So guys, let me just pour out my heart to y'all, this is my second time writing this post because the first time my laptop internet crashed and everything I wrote was gone by the time I fixed it 😓.  So after a minute of sheer horror and annoyance I decided to compose myself and start again because this is a lesson *copy and paste all draft onto another place*

Before I also get into today topic I wanted to Thank everyone who have been supporting me 
whether it is re-tweeting, reading my blog to just encouraging me. I honestly appreciate it because when I started writing this blog, I only started for my own pleasure. In all honesty I didn't think anyone would read it or care so I get surprised whenever someone encourages me or say what I've written is good *cries*It's Beautiful THANKS!!!


Somewhere in Canterbury 
Anyways enough of the emotions, today I thought it would be great to do a little conclusion to my year and what I hope to gain and achieve in the new year. As were going into a new year, we all have expectations for the year to comes, goals we want to achieve, or new adventures we want to take on in the year to come. This can involve becoming more healthier,taking an initiative in starting our careers or just simply meeting new people. However, It's one thing making these resolutions but the whole purpose is the act of sticking to them and following them throughout the new year. Now, I won't lie I have never been the person to actually stick through with some of my resolutions. For example, this year I made myself the goal of being more healthier both physically but also mentally with my mindset. Although, I'm becoming more healthier in my mindset as I've gain more self-confidence in myself but also motivating myself more in things I do. The other part of my resolution did not last longer than 2 months. After a few weeks of eating healthy and exercising by April I already forgot about my goals for the year and was enjoying a packet of custard donuts on a weekly basis. 

So I thought this time around instead of just saying what I'm going to do in the new year, I think it would be best to also write it not just in my diary but in my blog. This way I can't go back on my words or forget my goals  but instead writing about it on my blog means I will be doing updates throughout the year on how I'm doing at the end of each month. This means I can't be a hypocrite and I will have to stick through with these goals 

So here are some of my goals for the 2017!

Turning 20














One of the big things that I'm looking forward to next year is turning 20. For some people being a year older isn't a big deal, it is just the process of life but for me it's a testimony in itself. Most importantly, it means I'm moving unto a new stage in my life. Although this is quite scary to think of as your 20's are seen a definitive period in your life. It is when you are expected to build the foundation of your life and who you aim to become. So to prepare myself to turning 20 I thought one of the things I'd love to start doing is putting myself out there. This means  taking the initiative in doing things that will take me into a career, making memories in my life, becoming more comfortable in taking risks but most importantly actually starting to build a strong foundation for myself. A few months ago I began writing a number of poems and bible scriptures which inspire me as a way to motivate myself everyday. Later on in the new year I will be writing more about my personal goal for my 20's.

Managing my finances
















This isn't a goal but more of a instruction to myself. This year has been financially constraining for me especially being an international student. The fact that i am an international student means money comes and goes like the wind and I don't have the expectation of having money in my account at the start of every term. However with this in mind, I wasn't very good at knowing my limit and sticking to it until a few months ago. So to avoid making some mistakes I made this year I recently got a job to start supporting myself and made 2 savings for myself-one for emergency and another for just saving. This way I can avoid spending aimlessly and become more organised.

Building a stronger faith 

















This year I decided to begin a renewed journey into building a stronger relationship with God. This wasn't because I lived a different life before or anything that major but I lacked   an understanding and knowledge and with this came a disconnection. So for the New year I want to carry on with this journey into becoming more knowledgeable about the word of God, reading more self-help books ( if anyone has any suggestions please do let me know),but I've also decided to get a new bible. Although I currently read the King James version I prefer the translation of the New internationall version as it's much easier to understand so I will be getting a hard copy.


Reading a book once a month



Questions for Ada Ijeoma Umebinyuo
























One of my key goals for next year is reading more, most importantly reading a book for every month of the year. So in order to fulfill this goal, I aim to read a book for every month next year and do a review of the book or a subject on my blog. This will not only help with my consistency in writing but will help me to become more disciplined in reading outside the reading list for my degree. For January I will be getting a copy of Questions for Ada by Ijeoma Umebinyuo which contain a number of poems by the author and I'm quite excited not only because I love poetry but also I've heard the book is amazing 

Being more healthier
















So as mentioned before, being more healthier and happier was one of my key goals for 2016 and although I am becoming more happier within myself the healthier part was long forgotten until September when I went running with my amazing housemate once. So, thought this year instead of lying to myself about being healthier and not doing anything it's better to start documenting my progress and I've decided to start running. This is not only the most effective way for me to being more active as I enjoy running and walking but these are cost free ways of being healthier. Especially being a very cheap person, the thought of about paying almost £200 for gym membership at my university was just hurting.


Here are my goals for 2017, by this time next year I want to be able to do a round up of how far I've come in achieving these goals as well as other small ones I have that are not listed. 


Let me know some of your goals for the new year and how you aim to achieve it x 


Happy new year!

Social media 

Twitter🐦: @sheisacrown
Instagram📸:@_childofthecrown_





2 comments:

  1. Great blog, Omolade. Can't be easy paying international fees and holding it down at uni. Hope this term goes well. From the Let Us Learn team :)

    ReplyDelete